Since 1988, Children’s Cancer Connection has focused on the mission of enhancing the lives of children and their families affected by childhood cancer. The Ockenfels Family Foundation strives to be a caring member of the childhood cancer journey by sponsoring Children’s Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarships.
Children’s Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarships includes book reimbursement scholarships and tuition assistance scholarships in values from $500 to $5,000.
To qualify for Children’s Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarships:
- Applicant must be directly affected by childhood cancer (including individuals who currently have or have had cancer before age 18 or a sibling of that individual).
- Applicant must be within the Children’s Cancer Connection service area (living, treated or diagnosed in the state of Iowa).
- Applicant must attend or plan to attend an accredited two- or four-year institution (trade school, college or university).
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
Requirements for Children’s Cancer Connection Empowering Scholarships:
- Completed application with two written 500-word essays
- Two letters of recommendation from school, medical or business professionals
- 10–40 volunteer hours (depending on awarded scholarship amount) if selected as a scholarship recipient
Applications for the fall semester are due the last Friday in May. Applications for the spring semester are due the last Friday in September.
For information, please contact us at Scholarship@ChildrensCancerConnection.org or 515-243-6239.